Oil & Gas Industries in Sabah: The Way Forward
Browsing through new related about Sabah Oil & Gas scene, this particular event caught my attention. Sabah Oil & Gas Contractors Association (SOGCA) is organizing a Sabah Oil & Gas Forum from the 3rd until the 4th of November, 2011 at the Magellan Sutera Harbour.
Now this event is very interesting because participants will have the opportunity to understand Sabah’s oil & gas industry scene, engage in discussions and exchanging views and ideas with leaders experienced in the oil and gas industry in Sabah. Click here for more info about the forum.
This is not the first event organized by SOGCA, they previously jointly organized the first Borneo International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition in 2010 with the Institute For Development Studies (Sabah), and this event was endorsed by the state government.
The association was established on 27 March 2008, brought up by the current Exploration & Production development particularly within Sabah waters offshore and onshore, they represent a business forum for the oil & gas contractors in Sabah to achieve recognition and success in the industry.
SOGCA wishes to promote the interest of industry peers in Sabah through the association. The association act as an umbrella body, whose membership is strictly for Sabahan Contractors or companies and is formed as a platform to signify the desire for equal participation in the vibrant oil & gas industry.
The association acknowledged the importance for newly established players in Sabah’s Oil & Gas industry, to support each other as well as broadening their horizons in this dynamic business. they believed there is enough cake to be shared around between Sabahans and everyone should be given the opportunity for growth.
Aims and Objectives
- SOGCA’s main aim is to signify the strong desire by local Sabahan firms to participate strongly within the dynamic oil & gas industry in East Malaysia.
- SOGCA aims to represent the Sabah oil & gas contractors in promoting their interests & growth.
- SOGCA aims to contribute towards national growth through the oil & gas industry particularly through the Sabah Development Corridor.
- SOGCA aims to position Sabah based contractors to be equally recognized for providing quality products and services to the oil & gas industry in Malaysia and abroad.
- SOGCA aim to promote the importance of Sabahan firms supporting and complementing each other and creating business opportunities so all parties would not be deprived of the opportunity to grow and share the wealth.
There is enough cake to be shared around between Sabahans and everyone should be given the opportunity for growth.